Morning Musume - Kimagure Princess [2009.10.28]

Kimagure Princess is Morning Musume’s 41st single and the last for Kusumi Koharu. I was seriously expecting another song that would sound a lot like their last 2 singles. While that would have been nice, it also would have reeked of milking a formula dry. When I heard a low quality preview of this song I was pleased to hear that would not be the case for this song.

Now that I’ve had the chance to hear this in a higher quality I’m glad that this song went in the opposite direction. This track continues the mood set by the previous singles before it (Nanchatte Renai, Shouganai Yumeoibito) but in a more up tempo manner that sounds like it has a slight influence from some kind of Russian folk song or something similar.

This isn’t exactly a return to the hyper genki kind of songs nor is it like the more mature material the group has been releasing recently. I find it to be a combination of both that strangely works. Either way it’s a great song with one exception. What is the deal with the chipmunked vocals in the verses? The rest of the song doesn’t have that effect. It doesn’t detract from the song as a whole, I just found it to be a rather strange effect to use.

The video is another in a long line of dance shot/close-ups. This wasn’t too bad. I was glad to see the group wasn’t dressed up in any sort of ridiculous outfits. Speaking of ridiculous, I mentioned that this sounds like it has some sort of Russian folk song type influence. I was kind of expecting the bears from Kusumi Koharu’s Balalaika to pop up in the background for some reason. Maybe that’s just me.

Anyway there are a couple of other things I noticed about this video:

- The dance move during the “sexy princess” line. Very nice. The close up booty shots, even better.

- The shots where the girls were making rings of fire with their hands reminded me of BoA’s Valenti video.

- Eri can rock a cowboy hat.

- Jun Jun & Sayu are the hotness.

- The best shots in the video are the slow motion close ups. The most exceptional being the Risa->Sayu transition. Hot, hot, hot.

Track List:
1. Morning Musume Title Hits Song "Kimagure Princess".
2. Morning Musume Title Hits Song "Aishite Aishite Ato Ippun".
3. Morning Musume Title Hits Song "Kimagure Princess". (Instrumental)
MusicNotebookJob VacancyMini MarketFashionMovie
Please Buy CD Original In The Nearest Music Store
DOWNLOAD : CLICK HERE

No comments: